To be responsible for the day to day inventory control activities which lend support to the Warehouse staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the lot/batch numbers of all received items.
- Ensure that stock is stored in the appropriate locations.
- Ensure that location system is updated and relevant.
- Monitor cycle count and submit written reports on the results.
- Maintain expiry database to ensure accountability for expiring/expired stock.
- Compile list of shortages and submit to purchasing department.
- Ensure appropriate rotation of stock to facilitate earliest expiry first out.
- Conduct stock reconciliation exercises to promote high levels of stock record accuracy.
- Conduct spot checks of high value stock items to mitigate breakage.
- Perform any related duties which may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of five (5) O’ Level subjects, including English and Mathematics/Principles of Accounts.
- Training in Inventory Management (CIPS certification or equivalent).
- A CAT or AAT certification will be considered an asset.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in a warehousing environment.
- Any equivalent combination of qualifications and experience.
Special Skills and Knowledge:
- Good working knowledge of basic inventory control technologies.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations in a fast paced service type industry.
- Good working knowledge of goods receipt and dispatch processes.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and report on computerized inventory data.
- Some knowledge of basic financial accounting.
- Competence in use of the Microsoft Office software package.